Purpose: To provide the Federation with a more capable and stealthy monitor
Application: A Monitor that will be able to effectively engage frigates and harass cruisers while receiving little damage in return fire.
Schedule: 1 Month
Name/Type: Runner-class Assailant Monitor (RAM)
Designer/Manufacturer: Demetrios Gavril/Mandalaran Space Force/Kuat Drive Yards
Crew: 150 + 20 gunners
Length: 220 Meters
Speed: 90 MGLT, 950 Kph
Shield Rating: 3,000 SBD
Hull Rating: 3,000 RU
Weapons: 2 Advanced General Purpose Octet Mass Drivers, 3 Dual Turbolaser Cannons, 10 RH8 laser cannons
Fighter Complement: None.
Support Craft: None.
Special: Darkened Bronzium Armor, Ion Engine Baffle Dispersion System, Sensor Shroud, Reinforced Ramming Prow, Triple-Redundant Shields
The Assailant Monitor was developed jointly by Demetrios Gavril and Kuat Drive Yards. The RAM was developed to be a predatory ship, capable of lurking through the battlefield and wreaking havoc. Its stealth systems render it hard to detect. With a hull of bronzium and a reinforced prow this ship has real ramming capabilities. Triple-redundant shields, a design borrowed from Mon Calamari vessels, allow the ship to receive heavy punishment without damage to the hull. A third of the crew is composed of droids. The two mass drivers, however, are the Assailant's real pride. Capable of firing virtually any type of projectile, the mass drivers also can penetrate ray shields when firing solid rounds.
1) Bronzium Armour: The outer hull of the Monitor is constructed entirely of Bronzium armour, rendering it very strong and able to take severe punishment.
2) Stealth: The many stealth systems installed on this ship allow it to run around in the midst of the battle without getting much attention from sensors.
3) Fast: Its high speed enables it to close or retreat quickly.
1) Expensive: The bronzium and the stealth systems are costly
2) Small: While powerful, this ship is very small and can be overwhelmed by the firepower of heavy cruisers after a time.