Nebulon-H Frigate

Imperial Department of Military Research.

Moderator: IDOMIR

Forum rules
Imperial Department of Military Research

For instructions on entering a project in the Imperial Department of Military Research, click here.

Designation: What your completed design will be called. This is not necessarily your project name. (for example, Project "Twin Ion Engine" may produce a design with the designation "TIE Fighter")

Purpose: State the purpose of what you are designing, why it should be designed, why you are designing it.

Application: State how your design is used.

Schedule: In Star Wars time, how long it will take to design. You may create the finished project the next minute in real life, however it may take longer to actually design it. The average schedule is from 1 week to 2 months. If you wish, you can reply to this message with a description of your progress on different days/weeks (based on your schedule) leading up to your prototype completion. When you are ready, reply again with all of the information on the prototype. This should be posted as a reply to the original message, and contain the following information:

Visual Description: Simply describe what the prototype looks like. A picture is appreciated but not required (except for vehicles, fighters and capital ships).

Technical Specifications: State all of the properties of your design, for example, if it is a fighter you should include its speed (MGLT), hull rating (RU), shield rating (SBD), weapons, etc. Also, if at all possible, indicate the Star Wars technology used in the prototype and for what purpose.

Weaknesses: Realistically, every design should have some.

Projected Upgrades: Self-explanatory. You have to ability to reply to this topic as many times as you wish to upgrade your design. Always reply, only one topic per project.
Marcus Darkstar
Ensign
Ensign
Custom Title: Captain of the Yellow Billed Loon
Organizational Unit: 3rd Fleet, C-883 Skirmish Line

Nebulon-H Frigate

Post by Marcus Darkstar » 2012-07-09 06:41

Designation: : Nebulon-H Frigate

Purpose:a modern and versatile heavy frigate capable of independent operation, and I was told If i didn't like the Vanguard Frigate i should design my own Frigate.

So here is my rough draft Schematics of the Nebulon-H frigate

Name/Type: Nebulon H-class Frigate
Designer/Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards
Designation: Heavy Frigate
Crew: 1530, gunners 262
Length: 340 Meters
Speed: 50 MGLT
Hyperdrive: x1 backup class 12
Shield Rating: 2800 SBD + 2800 SBD Backup
Hull Rating: 2000 RU
Weapons: 34 Taim & Bak Turbolaser Cannons, 24 Borstel RH8 Laser Cannon Batteries, 1 Advanced General Purpose Octet Mass Driver (64 Warheads), 5 Interceptor Tractor Beam Emitters
Fighter Complement: 3 Squadrons.
Troops: 150 Stormtroopers
Support Craft: 4 Shuttles
Special: Helios AI, Stardust Overdrive, 16 MIST

Description:
The Nebulon-H Class Frigate is the latest design iteration of the famous Nebulon series of support frigates optimized for combat and outfitted with the latest technological advances produced by the NIF. Firepower is greatly improved from the other models afforded to the fact not only for its slightly larger size but also due to the fact it has a greater internal volume thanks to the modifications to the ship’s hull design. One of its most notable weapons systems is the single Advanced General Purpose Octet Mass Driver fitted along the ship’s bow, previously only seen on much larger ships. In addition to this it’s been fitted with a Helios AI to optimize ship performance and a Stardust overdrive capable of temporarily enhancing its combat abilities. The hull armor of Nebulon-H Frigates is impregnated with ultra-dispersive neutronium that can help it withstand and disperse massive energy blasts.

Basically the idea is to design the fanon Nebulon-H frigate with NIF technologies typically seen on its ultra-prized Star Destroyers like the Magnate.

I leave the idea to your esteemed consideration.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Re: Nebulon-H Frigate

Post by Tavish McFini » 2012-07-10 03:20

Think we've got one already.

But, that detail aside, I do see there are some differences and, in fact, everything seems quite reasonable.

Of course, the problem is, I'm using the basis of the one in the thread however it hasn't been approved by HRMEK so I'm not sure if we can accept this design as is per se.

I'll approve it, but I guess I'll need an admin to give the final okay! :D
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Marcus Darkstar
Ensign
Ensign
Custom Title: Captain of the Yellow Billed Loon
Organizational Unit: 3rd Fleet, C-883 Skirmish Line

Post by Marcus Darkstar » 2012-07-10 03:38

I see the critial difference between mine and the one shown.

In the fact that Nebulon-H has much higher durability stats in RU and SBD... If possible i would change the RU slightly to more conform that stats and shields accordingly.

TyrAnazazi
Mercenary
Custom Title: Tenno
Organizational Unit: Phoenix Emire-Operation Castor

Post by TyrAnazazi » 2015-05-19 21:00

The upgraded stats in RU and SBD could be explained with NIF tech upgrades trickling down from our SD (star destroyer) upgrade program.
"Fukaba fuke shana wa sunda zo ki no kaze" -Death Poem, Haiku - "Blow if you will, Fall wind...the flowers, have all faded"