Shout Outs.

Have your say on the storylines.
Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal
Custom Title: Director of Imperial Space Force Operations

Shout Outs.

Post by Dravius Stari » 2011-06-06 12:27

Welcome to Drav's shout out thread. This involves thanking a number of people that I think deserve it. Post a reply if you want, but I figure this is what the feedback forum is there for. These aren't in any order and im not displaying nepotism at all. This is just me saying thanks, so don't read anything into it other than gratitude.

Jubar: Two things you have done lately have really impressed me, mostly for the conceptual strength rather than the fiddly details. Firstly the academy question in SW discussions, and secondly the Tales of the NIF idea. I *intend* to contribute - although it may end up being more an aspiration. Nonetheless, i like it a lot.

Tom Saint: I think Tom is one of the unsung heroes of the site. He has a hard job, has had a slow march to his rank (congratulations by the way) and we all benefit from his looking over our designs.

Fini: Thanks for including me. It might seem like a small thing, but its nice to be thought of. Your really are one of the foundation blocks of the site, and we'd be nowhere without you. I learn a lot from you.

Jacen: Thank you for the opportunity to put my mission idea up. Was it to silence me? perhaps, but that doesn't mean I wont have fun. If its not a complete disaster - and it could very well be - hopefully some of you will trust me to run a mission.

Draaygo: Welcome back buddy, and thanks for livening chat up. I hope your around for a long period of time, because I def want to have a royal guard to watch my back ;)

Ace: Thanks :) (come on guys, really do i need to say anything more?)

Jubar Bavvet
Senator
Senator
Custom Title: Politician
Organizational Unit: Rebel Alliance Political Party

Re: Shout Outs.

Post by Jubar Bavvet » 2011-06-06 19:56

Drav: Thanks for the encouragement. I look forward to seeing other contributions to the thread in the future. My own first submission was kind of long, but it was for all you tactical buffs (looking at you Spyker Katarn ;) ), and because I rarely ever do anything like that.

Everyone involved with "Taking of StarForge Station": I like how this has developed. Good Job, and very thorough.

Ace: I've enjoyed your work in the Senate threads. And thanks for the help with the Echelon, I look forward to making progress with it.

Thirty Seven/John Smith/JT: Love the droid civilization idea on Patch-4, and the implications of this if a droid represenative ever reaches the Senate. Nifty! And I enjoy any thread where Thirty Seven makes an appearance, of course. Always interesting.

Mai: Glorious Dawn...very thought-provoking. And I approve of the nod to Carl Sagan. ;)

You guys in C1 so far: Excellent set-up all around! I like where this is going.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Post by Tavish McFini » 2011-07-18 23:02

I know this goes without saying, but honestly, I think it also stands to underline the appreciation on behalf of the board towards our newest member:

Laurel, stupendous job with the Midsummer Imperial Ball. I think pretty much everyone will agree with me when I say, I haven't seen this level of activity nor a thread develop that quickly since........ Oh lords, a long time (if ever). Thanks for coming up with the idea and giving everyone a huge, open thread to post in. I think we needed it :D
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Kane
Emperor
Emperor
Custom Title: Sith Apprentice
Organizational Unit: First Fleet NIFSS Nemesis

Post by Kane » 2011-09-07 23:27

Where would we be without McFini? Probably somewhere with less drinks and broken ships. But seriously, I wanted to take this opportunity to give him a little appreciation. Recently we've seen the NIF G.O.A.T., which pretty much exemplifies what McFini does for this place, all over the place considering the small army of characters he has going. Cheers, bartender admiral.

In the other news, you've got one week left to post your sig contest votes. I will post mine, but I'm holding out purposely.

We also have a new sub-forum by request: the Holologs. It's pretty much a place for background stories. Yes, you can run your own prequels if you like.

Picture upload works on the wiki in case you missed that. Ive also set up a nifty little thingy on the Main Page I'd like to get some input over. The main page itself is like everything else, a work in progress.

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal
Custom Title: Director of Imperial Space Force Operations

Post by Dravius Stari » 2012-04-22 13:06

After some ranting, I thought it best to do a little shout out:

Jacen: For putting up with me, encouraging me and giving me a prod when I need it. I hope you know that I respect you very much. (And not just because you're going to allow me to clone Laurel)

Fini: Tycho was damn right, that mission was a hoot and I hope you enjoyed what I managed to come up with. Thanks for your missions :)

Laurel: For the grand scale you bring to your threads. I like a sense of scale :)

Sy: For adding a touch of warmth to chat. Chat can be a crazy place, a lonely place and a place of heated debate. You being there reminds me that we're a family.

Tycho: I like how you think of angles that I don't. Its helpful ! Plus, I love that Ryan and Artorius will one day get super drunk and take chainswords to go out on a killing spree and then compare kills like Gimli and Legolas in LOTR.

Chaz: You're the most surprising member on this site after me and Xorn. Of course, our surprises usually result in things like genocide or Ace threatening to CFL you because you made out with Laurel at band camp. Keep up the creativity!

Spyker: Nobody regrets your promotion to admin that I can think of. With power comes responsibility and you are the embodiment of that concept - responsible power. Plus, you directed me to that damn addicitive comic.

Kyle Morrison
Commodore
Commodore
Custom Title: The Imperial Hammer
Organizational Unit: C-4 "Reaper" Battle Squadron

Post by Kyle Morrison » 2012-05-08 23:06

A little bit of C2 love, gang... Not nearly enough, but a little for now.
  • Jacen/Ace: Thank you both for getting this monster underway. Loving it so far.
  • Fini: Dear God, man, you post so much and with so many...it's truly mind-boggling, but I enjoy it.
  • Drav: I've missed working with you. Let's kick the tires and light the fires for old time's sake, no?
  • Tycho: ...Just damn. And I thought I liked Gavril's determination *before*...
  • Chaz: I told you yesterday, and I'll say it again, you have this way with the non-commissioned that just strikes me as a real, personable character. I want to know more about them each time I see you using them, y'know?

Seamus
Staff Corporal
Staff Corporal
Custom Title: Hammer 4-4
Organizational Unit: 213th Armor Division

Post by Seamus » 2012-05-09 14:28

I gotta couple.

Jacen: You have no Idea how long I was waiting for something like C2. Thank you so much.

McFini: You're a great writer and you're a pretty flexible guy to work with when it comes to storylines, and although I haven't really posted in it, I'm loving what your doing with your SM Series; I intend to get more involved with it here shortly.

Blitz: I've been really impressed with your level of activity lately, I mean seriously, it seemed like you went to making 1-2 posts to dropping what 12 posts now? Keep it up.

Admins: We've had some trying times lately, what with inactivity, and drama and all that, but you guys never lost your temper nor did you have to punish anyone when we stepped over the line. I've met so many Admins who abuse their powers and really it's you guys that make the board the only reason I kept coming back. [/brownnose]

Kane: This is so the Commissariat won't eat me in my sleep. ALL GLORY TO THE EMPEROR!
"Nuts!" - General McAuliffe
"No, the reply is decidedly not affirmative."

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

Post by Tavish McFini » 2012-05-09 14:40

I don't weigh in here as often as I'd like or ought to (I guess I treat chat as a good enough medium but who am I kidding?)
  • Jacen: I know we've tried a couple large scale CMs in the past (with multiple objectives spread out across different systems) with limited success. I think you nailed it perfectly with C2 and I have to say kudos to your tireless efforts to make it happen!
  • Ace: First and foremost, C1 looks to be just as epic even if it is localized to Denon. Also, the Service Eval oppo (I'm assuming its you posting it ;) ) is making for a good read (and subsequent reply) Thankee muchly!
  • Tycho: You're a tactical genius, you know that? I do look forward to see what the New Republic does in response to your request for surrender but I think you really nailed the naval tactics down to a tee!
  • Chaz: Seriously man, I think Kyle said it best. You bring a very real element with your posts as Seamus in C2. You don't get bogged down with the big picture but instead just look at everything from the perspective of the individual in a way that I envy! Keep up the fantastic work!
  • Vik: I didn't like it when you ditched Third for Sixth, but you're doing a fantastic job with it! I look forward to seeing more (and hope with crossed fingers you can help out at Phaeda ;) )
  • Blitz: One of the few others who post with more characters than Ace has clones ;) And you do a swell job with all of them. I especially liked the one with Wolfgang on Pakuuni (in a hurry, no time to check spelling!). Let's make some magic happen to the doomed system! :D
  • Drav: Another person with enough characters to take over the NIF single-handedly. Good to see you back in a fighter again too, feels like it's been too long ;) Now I got something to base my posts off of again :lol: Also, on a side note, loving Artorius in Frozen Wastes.
  • To all in Service Eval: Thanks for helping move it along. I do appreciate the effort and the time you're all taking out of your busy posting schedules to make sure it gets completed.
  • Spyk: Re: Frozen Wastes. Nice job with the flashback there. Felt just like I was at Hoth (again) :D
  • Sy: Re: The Cotillion of Fimbulvetr's Veil. Lovely posts. Oft times I get caught up trying to kill the enemy I sometimes wonder if I forget the more peaceful side of life too ;)
  • Laurel: You've got an energy that reminds me of a younger me (way to sound old Fini...) It's always a joy to see your posts and the many different sides of Laurel! You bring them out in such a believable way! I look forward to your C2 post! :D
  • Ace (again): Thanks for fixing that "invalid form" bug on the board! Nice to not have to hit submit twice now :D Your tireless efforts don't often get the recognition they oft deserve! Thanks for fixing it!
And to everyone: Thanks again for making this place such a wonderful community!!!
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.