Organize our recruitment efforts.
Jubar Bavvet
Senator
Senator
Custom Title: Politician
Organizational Unit: Rebel Alliance Political Party

NIF YouTube video

Post by Jubar Bavvet » 2010-07-14 13:57

About 6 months ago, I was on YouTube and saw a video someone had made for what appeared to be a tribute to a cult sci-fi series, only it was an advertisement for a play-by-post site. The vid was actually very well made. Because of the care I saw put into it, I decided to visit the site, and signed up. Now, I don't wanna toot our own horns, but...the RPing there wasn't quite up to par with NIF, and I'll leave it at that. But they had a great deal of traffic, and asking around a few people had found the site exactly the way I had, by watching the YT vid. And those people had brought in various friends of their own along the way.

I was wondering if this had ever been attempted for NIF. If not, would it be indecent of me to try it, kind of putting together some images from different films, adding some effects, some ideas of what NIF is about in written text to some music, things like that? If it's something people would like to see, then I would like to ask the community for any tips on an excellent video editing program or software, and the general prices so I would know what I was getting into. (When I'm not teaching or training, I have a craving to create, and this would give me something to do.) Unless, some o' you guys out there are already prepared for this kind of thing? It doesn't have to be me, but it's just an idea I've considered since I found that other play-by-post place--in my opinion, it's not an attractive group of RPers, but I have to say the video got my attention, which is, of course, what it was meant to do.

(If you want to know about the play-by-post site I'm talking about so you can see the video [it's on their front page], I can post its name with Ace's permission, I just didn't want to for fear of sounding like I was recruiting for it--I'm not, the site isn't my cup o' tea at all.)

-Jubar

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal
Custom Title: Director of Imperial Space Force Operations

Re: NIF YouTube video

Post by Dravius Stari » 2010-07-15 14:06

I can't ever recall it being attempted. Partially because YT itself is younger than you think and the site is older than you think.

I think its a great idea and i dont think anyone has anything like this on the drawing board. In fact i'm not sure we even have any video editing buffs out there. Although id include Ace by default because....its Ace :p

I can only really offer my moral support...and a suggestion to bump this thread to make sure everyone sees it. Oh and get on chat sometime and advertise it.

Jubar Bavvet
Senator
Senator
Custom Title: Politician
Organizational Unit: Rebel Alliance Political Party

Post by Jubar Bavvet » 2010-07-15 17:21

Mai and I actually got started working on a little somethin'--I think you guys are gonna like it. We'll run it by Ace first, though. May take a few weeks or months, but we're very excited about it. Finding out what works best with editing programs like Nero and others, may have to get other programs to help. Don't know how, but we're gonna make this thing work.

Kallila Tsarati
Traitor
Traitor
Custom Title: Returned
Organizational Unit: Free

Post by Kallila Tsarati » 2010-08-02 06:20

The moment we've all been waiting for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XScW6RqpNYw

Credits:

Mai: All technical work and effects/stylistic design.

Jubar: A huge help with stylistic design. While I was making lightsabres, he was watching movies and searching for clips.

Spyker: For suggesting cs5. This would not have been possible with out it. Thank you so much.

Jason: None of you know this guy, as he's a real life friend of mine. But this also would not have been possible with out his huge library of digital versions of all of these movies and more.

Varon
Private
Private
Custom Title: Designated Marksman
Organizational Unit: not assigned

Post by Varon » 2010-08-03 06:58

Awesome Video. Well done :)

Dravius Stari
Marshal
Marshal
Custom Title: Director of Imperial Space Force Operations

Post by Dravius Stari » 2010-08-03 11:11

Impressive. We all thank you for your efforts.