World Of Warcraft Trading Card Game Turned NIF

Test custom signatures et cetera here, learn how to use the forums.
Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral
Custom Title: Fleet Commander, Self-Proclaimed Bartender, Baron
Organizational Unit: Third Fleet, Task Force Conquest, ESD Intimidator

World Of Warcraft Trading Card Game Turned NIF

Post by Tavish McFini » 2008-12-19 19:20

There's a WOW TCG card generator I found... For those of you unaware, yes, they made a trading card game based on the hugely popular WoW which I pseduo collect. It's less time consuming than the computer game. And yes, it's like Magic: the Gathering or Pokemon TCG but this one is so much more fun in my experience.

Anyhow, I created an ability card for it just for kicks and, low and behold, the generator works!

Here's one I made for the ship itself. It's a weapon card usable by all classes in the game.

This one is a quest card which doubles as a resource card (like mana or energy if you're familiar with magic or pokemon TCGs). Quest cards have extra abilities useful for when you want to draw more cards but there's always conditions that must be filled and, in this case, since the NR outnumbers us, I think it's a fitting card for us right now :D

- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Spyker Katarn
Apprentice
Apprentice
Custom Title: IC: RSM, SWC, Army. OOC: Admin, Academy Instr.
Organizational Unit: SPECWARCOM, Omega Order

Re: World Of Warcraft Trading Card Game Turned NIF

Post by Spyker Katarn » 2008-12-20 01:40

Here's one for you, Fini:

“I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it.”

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Post by Tavish McFini » 2008-12-20 20:27

Bloody classic Spyker! You've got the card making down to an art already!

Here's one for Mai, with I would imagine is very fitting for her (and would be immensely useful in the game!!!) And for astute people who know humans aren't a part of the horde... I know, but hey, this is the NIF version ;) In case you're interested, these are "hero" cards, they represent what would be you in the battle and the objective would be for your hero (through use of abilities, allies, equipment and quests) to drop the opposing hero(s) health to 0. Mai is the quintessential rogue:

And, in celebration of our esteemed leader:

Since Sith isn't an option, nor can I actually make it an option, I figured Shaman would be best fitting, if only because William Shatner made a shaman look so cool in his WoW commercial "hurling bolts of lightning" ;)
- Admiral McFini and Ensign Hales discovered why Executor-class Star Destroyers seldom ram anything.

Kane
Emperor
Emperor
Custom Title: Sith Apprentice
Organizational Unit: First Fleet NIFSS Nemesis

Post by Kane » 2008-12-23 17:20

Ah, I see you've made new ones. The last time I contemplated game cards was for the old game Rebellion. Would've been fricken' awesome, but then I felt that first it would take away from my limited posting time, and even if I were to finish it, it would take away from several people's posting time including mine. Still almost worth it, though.

I like the cards. In fact, I'm inclined to put them permanently somewhere in the DB just for fun. With author permission of course. Hell, if we make enough cards, we can make a new game. Just a thought ;)

Another thought I've had of late would be to put together a game page for flash and java games, preferably SW themed. We have ample bandwidth nowadays, so I think we could get away with it.

Tavish McFini
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Post by Tavish McFini » 2008-12-23 20:17

I figured I should showcase the last card type, an ally card. Basically, the hero's helpers that are able to dish it out and act as meat shields as necessary ;)

I plan to slowly make a card for everyone and everything here... I've been trying to think of how best to represent the Nemesis, stay tuned!

Make a new game? Shweet :D

EDIT - Oh right, permission from the author! Since when have I ever said "no"? Go for it, and while I'm at it, if anyone else has a request to become a card, let me know. Bear in mind, you might want to consider PMing me a link to a picture, otherwise you might end up with Bojack... <.<
Last edited by Tavish McFini on 2008-12-29 01:54, edited 1 time in total.

DraaygoRiinuuk
Captain
Captain
Custom Title: FCO of Fourth Fleet
Organizational Unit: Fourth Fleet, DevSD Apocalypse

Post by DraaygoRiinuuk » 2008-12-23 21:28

The New Imperial Trading Card Game?
Open up your eyes and you'll see,
That I'm not perfect,
That's what I'm trying to be,
Cause I know you're worth it.